After a long exhausting day at work, the first thing you would want to do is to sleep away. We sleep to relax our senses, but this doesn’t go well as planned with the sound of volcanoes erupting beside us, would it?
What’s worse than nightmares??? Snoring I suppose.
Snoring happens because of the obstructed air movements when the air passes through the relaxed tissues of the throat.
Why do you snore?
- Watch your sleeping position. Sleeping on your back tends to increase snoring
- Pregnancy can cause nasal passages to swell and make it harder to breathe
- Consumption of adult beverages within the 3 hours of bedtime
- Congested nasal path due to cold or flu
- Aging tends to worsen snoring
- Consumption of certain medications like antihistamines and sedatives
Snoring’s the bad guy here as it results in obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Apnea can further lead to heart health risks.
Do kids snore?
About 3% of the children between the age group 1-9 snore. Snoring in children may be a cause of enlarged tonsils and adenoids. Small jaw and airways also add up to snoring in children. This is not something to be taken light heartedly as this may lead to upper airway resistance syndrome or OSA.
How To Overcome Snoring:
Now, first for reading this, you might belong to one of the two categories- those who snore while asleep and those who are awake because of the former.
Simple changes in lifestyle like exercising on a daily basis can reduce snoring. Using a humidifier when the air is too dry and sleeping on your side can help with snoring.
Your doctor might recommend the following in severe cases accompanied by OSA
- Oral appliances: These form-fitting mouthpieces are employed to keep the air passage open. Excessive salivation, dry mouth, jaw pain and so on are the related consequences related with opting for an oral appliance.
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP): Pressurised air is supplied continuously with the means of a mask that is worn over your nose or mouth while you sleep.
- Upper airway surgery: Certain procedures like Maxillomandibular Advancement (MMA) etc are recommended by your surgeon. Such procedures tighten the tissues of the throat and thus prevent snoring.
- Barbed wire suturing techniques for the palate: As the name suggests this new technique makes use of barbed threads to stabilize the palatal suture by fixing it to anatomical bone and fibrous structures.
A full on improvement in the oropharyngeal airway is observed ie making you snore free. It is considered to be feasible, safe and less time consuming with no significant complications.
Dr. Shailesh Pandey’s Aument Clinic, Andheri, offers the topnotch snoring solutions in Mumbai in both the sexes. He is famous for the best loud snoring treatment in Andheri. For more details and inquiries on snoring and its treatment visit us…
Visit Us : aumentclinic.com
Mail Us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Your Appointment Here : aumentclinic.com/book-appointment.php